File type: CDRWin CD Disc Image file
Are you having trouble opening a .bin extension file on your Windows OS PC or Android OS mobile device? If you are, then this article is for you.
In this tutorial, you will get to know what exactly a BIN file is. You will also be informed on some effective programs that you could use in opening .bin files or even converting the file to your Windows OS PC and Android OS mobile device.
The file with bin extension is employed by a number of programs that range from image disk programs to data storage. The most typical definition of a file with a bin extension format is associated to Nero Burning ROM, a disk imaging software application.
The said is an archive files that contains complete data on the structure and content of optical storage devices such as DVDs and CDs and could also be employed using hard disk drives.
It is a clone of a disk in the binary format and it contains all the pieces of stored data file found in the original disc which can then be utilized for various purposes.
The pieces of binary information stored in the files include folders, boot loaders, data, and volume attributes that had been contained in the original file.
What is a BIN File
In simple terms, a .bin file extension is mainly utilized by a variety of programs on your PC.
BIN files comprise of binary codes which are used by a whole host of applications and for different reasons as well. For example, they are used by some installed antivirus software.
They are also utilized with the backup picture/image files of both Digital Video Disc (DVD) and Compact Disc (CD) application software.
What is interesting is that you cannot directly open .bin files on your PC. To open this file type, you have to mount the .bin extension onto a virtual drive or you can burn the file to DVD or CD.
Alternatively, BIN files can be converted to ISO files using a program such as PowerISO on a Windows OS personal computer.
How to Open BIN Files
- Roxio Easy Media Creator,
- Daemon Tools,
- EZB Systems UltraISO,
- Golden Hawk Technology CDRWin,
- Nero Burning ROM
- Roxio Easy Media Creator,
- Nero Burning ROM
Programs to open bin files
on a Windows OS PC
There are a number of programs that you can use in opening a bin as well as converting .bin files on your Windows OS personal computer.
Some of the most common applications that can open a bin file include;
- Free File Viewer
- VideoLAN VLC media player
With the Free File Viewer, you will be able to open more than two hundred .bin extension formats. The Free File Viewer as the name suggests, is a free to download Windows OS file manager program. It is a reliable file viewer application that is effective and has a universal appeal.
On Android OS
You should know that on Android OS mobile devices like a smartphone or tablet, .bin files emerge as a result of an Android Package or APK file error.
Android software programs come as .apk files. However, if there is an error on your Android OS mobile device, then a typical .apk file will be stored as a BIN (.bin) extension file. When this occurs, the program stored as a .bin format cannot be installed on your Android mobile device. This is because you will be unable to either extract or open the file on your Android device.
To fix this problem, you can make use of a number of paid for programs, such as an extractor, manager and a opener.
These programs will help you in viewing .bin extension files on your Android device. You would also be able to extract, open and also convert the BIN files to an APK file format using these applications.
If you want to have .bin opened on your Android device, you can also use “App Installer”.
Here’s how to go about it;
- The first thing to do is to tap the “Search” icon on the home screen of your Android mobile device.
- Type out “App Installer” and then search for the app.
- Once you locate the “App Installer” program, tap on it and then tap on the button labelled “Install”.
- Tap on the “Menu” tab on your Android device.
- Then go to “Settings”.
- On settings you have a drop-down menu, tap on “Application Settings”.
- Next, select the option labelled “Unknown Sources” by check marking it.
- Still in the “Application Settings”, tap on the option labelled “Developers” and activate it by check marking the box close to another option called “USB Debugging”.
- Have your Android mobile device connected to your personal computer through the use of the mobile device’s USB cable?
- At the top of the home screen of your Android device tap on the USB drop-down menu, then tap on the option labelled “Disk Drive”. This will have your Android OS mobile device mounted as a removable storage disk mode on your PC.
- In the task bar of your PC, click on “Start” and then choose the option labelled “Computer”.
- Next, the visible removable storage disk icon of your Android OS device should be clicked twice. By doing so, you will be able to view the entire folders and files contained in your Android device.
- Search and find the .bin extension file stored in the removable storage disk of your Android device. Highlight the .bin extension files by clicking it.
- Click the BIN a second time to enable you put the text cursor in the name field.
- Type out (.apk) in place of (.bin) to change the extension file. So, if for example you have a BIN file that is named “program.BIN” you will remove the “BIN” and replace it with “APK” to give you “program.APK”.
- You then have to eject your Android removable storage disk from your PC. To do this, simply right-click the storage device and then click on the option labelled “Eject”.
- After ejecting the removable storage disk of your Android device, unplug the USB cable to disconnect your mobile device from the computer.
- Next, tap on program icon labelled “App Installer” in order to have the program launched. Search and find the .apk file that you previously renamed.
- Tap on this .apk file and the program will now open.
Finally, you will be able to install the “program.apk” as an APK on your Android mobile device with ease.
How to convert a BIN File
The typical conversion is from a BIN to a ISO File or CUE files. ISO is another image format similar to BIN.
You can use the iso to bin converter PowerISO