What is an MLT file?
An MLT file is a Forecast Profile developed by the Business Forecast Systems, Inc.
How to open it
You will have to get the software suitable for the file if you must open it on your computer system. A very good example of the program that you can use to open an MLT file is Forecast Pro. If a suitable software is not available on your computer system, however, you will get a Windows message that reads thus: “How do you want to open this file?” if you are using Windows 10 operating system or you will get this message: “Windows cannot open this file” if you are using Windows 7.
Those who are using other operating systems, like Mac, iPhone or Android can also open the file, but they also need to have the suitable software on their devices, failure of which will bring up an error message that indicates the absence of that suitable software. All you have to do in this situation is to download the right software so that you can easily access this file on your computer effortlessly.
To open it on your computer system, you can equally long-press or right-click on the particular file that you want to open. A drop-down menu will come up and you can look for “Open with” from the list of items on the drop-down menu. Click on the “Open with” link and choose the right application that can open the file.
Once more, you should already have that suitable application or program on your computer or other devices before this method can work for you.
Various programs that can open and also convert the MLT file
You can use various programs and we have provided few of them below:
● Forecast Pro: We mentioned this software earlier. It is a reliable program to open MLT and it came from the stables of Business Forecast Systems, Inc.
● mAirList: You can use the desktop template of this program to access the MLT file. The program came from Torben Weibert, a renowned programmer. It is a computer program used for radio automation and it works effectively on different versions of the Windows Operating System, like Windows Vista, Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows ME and Windows 98. The system supports small radio stations that want to add professionalism to their services. There is a similarity between the mAirList desktop file and the mAirList Desktop Template file; the former has the .MLD template, while the latter has the .MLT extension. The two have similarities but a couple of things also differentiate them one from the other. Aside from the different extensions, the mAirList will force the end-user to pick a new file name when you decide to save a particular desktop that originally has a .MLT file.
Solve difficulties in opening .MLT Extension
The MLT file may not open even if you have the suitable software on your computer system. In this situation, it may be that the file is corrupted by a computer virus or any other problem. When this happens, you should delete the corrupted file and download a new one. After you have downloaded the new one, make sure you first scan the newly downloaded before you attempt to open it again using the appropriate program for that purpose.
You may have the suitable software on your computer to open it, but you will never be able to open the file if the software is outdated. In such a situation, you will need to first update the software before you can ever open the MLT file. You can only access this type of file when you attempt to open it with the latest or current version of the suitable software. The best thing to do is to visit the home page of the software developer to download the latest version. You can find the current updates on the homepage of the Business Forecast Systems, Inc. If you want to use the Forecast Pro to open the MLT file. The developer always updates the software consistently and makes it easy for end-users to easily open it.
As mentioned severally earlier, the best way to ever open the MLT file on your computer system is to first download and install the right software on the computer. The suitable software to download can depend on the operating system you want to use, be it desktop or mobile operating systems. If you are using an Android operating system, for example, you must first download and install the right software on Android. You can follow the steps below to open the MLT file on various operating systems:
Android operating systems users
- Look for the Settings icon on your Android device and click on it.
- next, check the list of items on the new page and choose Apps.
- In the Apps section, look for Options and tap it; Options can be found at the right top corner of the screen.
- Then you can change the default apps to that suitable app that you have already downloaded and installed on your device for the MLT file.
Windows Operating System Users
You can use the programs highlighted below to open the MLT file on your Windows operating system.
- Maya Application
- HAANSOFT HWP
- Plot Stalker
Bear in mind that the programs above can open the MLT file on virtually any version of Windows operating system. You can equally use the programs to convert on Windows, as well as, fix many of the problems you encounter when opening or editing it.
If you still cannot open the MLT file using any of the programs mentioned above on either your mobile or desktop operating system, you can simply go for the Free File Viewer, which is a special program that can open different types of files, making it a universal file viewer. Experts say that the program can open more than 200 different files and it is also available for free download.