- File type: Shell Scrap Object
- Category: Executable Files
- File format: Propriety
The SHS file extension is used for the objects added to a certain file in Microsoft Windows. After the object has been added, this file extension, usually invisible, is also added to the file.
The Shell Scrap Object is included in the Microsoft embedded objects concept.
Typically, the shell script is embedded in an object after which the extension will be added.
This is also being utilized by many hackers and intruders as anything from the most useful to the most dangerous codes may be added to the files.
How to open SHS files
Programs to Open with Windows
- Run by Windows Shell Scrap Object Handler (shscrap.dll)
Please note that in general these files are not readable by any program.
Also, you can't convert this format to another format.
Open with Linux: N/A
If you still have problems you can try the following:
- Try to download the files again.
- Use another editor or program from the list.
- Restart your computer or mobile device.
- Run an antivirus.
- Convert to another format.
- Note that the SHS file extension is not compatible with these versions of windows: Vista, 7, 8 and 10.