- Files type: Microsoft Works Spreadsheet
- Developer: Microsoft
- Extension: .XLS
What is a .XLS File
XLS are spreadsheet or chart files that are created with the help of Microsoft Excel that comes in the Microsoft Office Suite Package.
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet application which is one of the most popular and widely used spreadsheet applications in the industry; other competitors like Lotus 1-2-3 have not been able to cope up with it.
These files with .xls extension store the data in the cells and organize them in rows and columns as a table.
These spreadsheets can be created with the help of Works 8.0 but can also be read by Microsoft Excel.
How to Open XLS Files
- Find your .xls file in your device
- Double click on the file icon
- In the open with question select one of the installed viewers: Microsoft excel, microsoft works or the excel viewer.
- If you don’t have any excel viewer installed you have to donwload it first.
- View your .xls file in the viewer.